Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'VE DECIDED TO BECOME VEGETARIAN

If you've heard that I've decided to become a vegetarian from people who have been seeing me eating nothing much but the greens with rice and toufu, IT'S PARTIALLY TRUE.
I'm staying away from poultry (chicken, beef, mutton and pork) and sea mammals (dolphins, sharks fin and whales) and possibly milk.
I eat only greens, fungi, fish and egg.

I believe that Education is the KEY to the for a less apathetic world.

I watched a very disturbing video in lecture today - Nature and Society.
As much as people thing is the most stupid module ever because we simply don't see a reason to care for anything but human kind, it's taught me alot and opened my eyes to the horrors of human beings.
We didn't even get to watch the whole video just the segment on Food.
We need to be educated on what is right and what is wrong.
(please watch only if you're willing to, I'm not forcing anyone to see the images thus, I chose not to put the actual youtube links)

Earthlings Food Pt1
Earthlings Food Pt2
Earthlings Food Pt3
Earthlings Food Pt4
Earthlings Food Pt5

I walked out during the lecture and missed the whaling part but I know what was going to come.
All along I thought that these animals were killed in a more humane way with minimal or hopefully no pain at all. However, the cruelty of mankind has truly shocked me.
For the greed of economic growth and cost saving, animals are exploited and ill-treated to the extent that they are put into Earth for the sole purpose of being tortured and kill in the most unkind, cruel and painful way possible.

People tell me to forget what I saw.
Afterall, God gave Man dominance over His Earth. Yes. But did God teach Man to be cruel? NO HE DIDN'T. so why does Man decide and make choices that are so cruel?

As much as I'm against SEXISM and RACISM.
I'M VERY MUCH AGAINST SPECIESISM AS WELL.

No comments: